Athena McCullough, MA, LPCC, NCC
Inside the Office
Counseling can seem scary and daunting! I remember my first time walking into my therapist's office. I was completely overwhelmed with my life and my marriage. I had no idea what this process was going to be like or what to expect.
I am here to journey with you through this process as we begin to work together. You can expect our initial session to include time for us to get to know each other. I want to hear what led you to seek out counseling and what it has been like to live in your shoes. I want to know where you would like to end up when we are finished.
I also want you to feel comfortable with me. Interviewing your potential counselor is a great idea! Not every counselor is going to be a good fit for you, your personality, or your situation.
Outside the Office
I spend most of my free time with my family. I met my husband in college and we have two amazing kiddos in elementary school (one soon to be middle school, yikes!). We have a few fish and two hilarious kittens that keep us entertained. We love to go camping and hiking. One of my favorite family rituals happens every Friday night. The grown-ups have a glass of wine, we make pizza completely from scratch, and enjoy a movie together.
My absolute favorite thing to do is to meet up with a friend and have a deep conversation over a cup of really good coffee. Not all coffee is the same and not all conversations are either!
- Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate LPCC.0017618
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy - Denver Family Institute (expected conferral August 2021)
- Prepare Enrich Certified Facilitator
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Certificate in Reunification Therapy